Exciting (permanent) opportunity, in Oxfordshire, UK, with excellent working conditions
S-cubed Biometrics is a high-quality, successful consulting and contract company offering statistics, data management, CDISC and statistical regulatory submission support services in the pharmaceutical industry, based in Milton Park, near Oxford, UK. Our staff work on a wide range of exciting and interesting projects, providing our clients a flexible service, built on our ethical core values and excellent client relationships. Our working environment is enjoyable and friendly, with a strong emphasis on maintaining a good work-life balance. We are looking to expand our team of carefully selected and experienced permanent staff who support our pharmaceutical and biotech clients with either a Senior or Principal Statistician. We will also consider a more senior leadership role for the right candidate.
The Senior or Principal Statistician role will involve:
- Performing and coordinating statistical activities for a wide range of varied and interesting client team-based and consultancy projects
- Overall project management, and acting as the main point of contact, for assigned projects and delivery of these in accordance with S‑cubed Biometrics’ high quality standards and client timelines
- Providing strategic and/or tactical input and advice to clients on matters concerned with their statistical needs
- Performing a large range of statistical activities (e.g. statistical consultancy, SAP development) and SAS programming for, and producing, efficacy and safety tables, listings, figures and analyses
- Providing input into improving S-cubed Biometrics processes and promoting effective change.
- For the Principal Statistician role, you will also be responsible for one or more clients and their projects being performed by S-cubed Biometrics and developing our client relationships. In addition, you will take a lead role in driving the statistics function for S-cubed Biometrics and having input into our strategic direction.
The successful candidate will:
- Have effective written and oral communications skills; must have a flexible and collaborative approach to work, and must be articulate in explanations and communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients, management, and colleagues
- Have a statistics-related degree, and ideally educated to MSc level
- Have a high level of proficiency in statistical aspects of designing and analysing clinical studies, as well as good SAS programming skills
- Ideally have at least five years’ (Senior Statistician) or 10 years’ (Principal Statistician) experience in a statistical role within a drug development environment
- Having CDISC experience is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience in a CRO or consultancy is desirable, but not essential
- An opportunity to join a dynamic company and to broaden your experience by working on a varied and diverse range of projects
- Opportunities to improve and keep up to date with your statistics skills through training course and conference attendance
- A highly competitive salary, with annual bonus based on company performance
- Company pension contribution
- Private health insurance
- 30 days holiday allowance
- Flexible working and good work-life balance, including working from home as an option
To request more details, apply or arrange a confidential discussion, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Application for Senior/Principal Statistician in the subject line.